Domin Fluid Power are looking for three Graduate Engineers to join our young expanding team.
Started in 2012, Domin is a product development company specialising in the development of fluid power subsystems and systems using metal additive manufacturing. We are looking for enthusiastic forward-thinking engineers who are passionate about developing cutting edge technology.
The successful candidates will be given a variety of tasks and responsibilities during their time here. The successful candidate will be given ownership of design and development activities that require creative thinking to generate novel design ideas or investigative testing. There are a wide variety of programmes currently being run including, but not limited to, flight control actuators, pumps, valves, active suspension systems. The candidate will be given both specific and long-term goals within the project or projects they are working on.
Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to work alongside both senior engineers as well as recent graduates in a range of environments including design, analysis, development and test. This will help candidates develop all the skills they require for successful careers as engineers, managers and business leaders.
Candidates will be remunerated with a competitive graduate engineer’s salary and will be given the flexibility of having every other Friday as a day off promoting a positive work life balance.
- A 2:1 Degree in Mechanical, Integrated Mechanical and Electrical, Aerospace, Automotive or similar Engineering.
- High level analytical skills
- High level communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work proactively
- Enthusiasm to succeed in the chosen career path
- Desire for continual learning and improvement
Role and responsibilities;
- Product design and development using Creo parametric (CAD & technical drawings), Creo Simulate (FEA) and Pumplinx (CFD) to carry out holistic engineering design.
- Prototype manufacture, assembly, test and development on novel fluid power products.
- Engineering presentations and reports.
- Economic analysis of markets, competitors and products.
- Investigating manufacturing techniques and manufacturing cells for long term manufacture.
- Work will mainly be carried out in an office in Coombe Lodge in Blagdon however, some days will require work to be carried out in a test centre in Cheddar (15-minute drive from Blagdon)